This Nike KD12 has DNA from Seven Former KD Aunt Pearl Colorways
Kevin Durant shared a special bond with his late Aunt Pearl, who passed away from lung cancer in 2000. Beginning with the KD4 in 2012, Durant remembered Pearl’s influence in his life by teaming up with the Kay Yow Cancer Fund to create a pink colorway in Aunt Pearl’s name; it’s now an annual tradition in the line.
The shoes are further immortalized by pulling details from earlier KD Aunt Pearl colorways and incorporating them into the next iteration. Here are the inspirations behind the details of the KD12 Aunt Pearl:
- The pearl graphic on the collar foam is drawn from the KD4
- The sock liner graphic is from the KD5
- The rose heel graphic is from the KD6
- The strap is from the KD7
- The heel embroidery is from the KD9
- The material on the tongue, collar and Nike Swoosh is from the KD10
- The outsole marbling is from the KD11
The KD12 Aunt Pearl releases globally December 26 on nike.com and at select retailers.